Seeking an opportunity to contribute to a dynamic organization where technical knowledge, project management skills, interpersonal management ability, and hard work will have a significant impact on a growing organization.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Software design experience with Visual Basic, C++, and Basic from pursuing a computer software and hardware engineering degree from Oregon Institute of Technology.
- Knowledge of SQL and Entity Relational Database structure.
- Advanced Excel skills including knowledge of Pivot Tables, External Linking, Macros, and built in functions.
- Basic analytical skills using Gretl Statistical Program
- Pursuing PMP certification on completion of required experience hours.
- Kaizen (Lean) Certified by Kimball Office.
- Experience working individually and on teams both as a team member and leading teams to accomplish project goals.
- Ability to discover goals and requirements for a project then schedule tasks and manage resources prior to completing projects.
- Involved in Bulldog Investment Group and Gonzaga Ski Club
- Volunteered with Project First G.O.A.L which focuses on mentoring high school students that are first generation college bound students.
Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA July 2010
Masters of Business Administration: Concentration in Supply and Logistics Management
Portland State University, Portland, OR June 2007
Bachelor of Science, Finance
Deans List Recognition, Finance Tutor, FMA
Titan Truck – Purchasing/Inventory Intern February 2010 – July 2010
- Analyzing sales data regarding demand and developing a process for setting re-order points for inventory, which has led to a current reduction of on-hand inventory by 22% and savings on approximately $1 million of warehouse inventory.
- Designed and automated order point system using a variety of forecasting methods resulting in more accurate planning and reducing order generation time.
- Building Excel Macro tools to simplify re-order point forecasting before automated system is put in place.
- Leading company initiative to reorganize the warehouse and implementing inventory by location, thereby reducing the amount of lost merchandise that results in lost sales.
- Initiating and implementing inventory bar-coding system to increase accuracy and reduce loss of current inventory.
- Driving implementation of lean manufacturing initiatives to improve accuracy and order completion time.
Hyprotek, Inc. – Consultant May 2010 – July 2010
- Leading project management team for designing and implementing a plan for new product launch
- Working with stakeholders to develop key components for product launch.
Gonzaga University – Graduate Assistant January 2010 – July 2010
- Compiling and conducting qualitative analysis on Bankruptcy data in Eastern Washington for research purposes of professors.
- Developing materials and leading resume workshops for Gonzaga MBA students, leading to an increase in interviews for those students.
RANDL-Inc – Consultant January 2010 – May 2010
- Finance team manager.
- Integral part of 5 member consulting team made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds ranging from electrical engineering to finance
- Building tools to use for future decision making processes that were made before without proper evaluation, resulting in large cost savings on negative net present value projects
- Created strategic plan to ensure that future business endeavors into the telecom industry coincide with its corporate philosophy and core competencies
- Evaluated the viability of financing options including SBA loans, venture capital, and angel investors; resulting in securing sufficient investment from angel investors.
- Analyzing various supply chain and inventory management improvement options to increase efficiencies in domestic and international operations
- Completed financial projects that have been shown to investors resulting in new source of capital for RANDL
Fisher Investments - Account Executive July 2007 – January 2009
- Built asset portfolio of $25 million consisting of 30 clients.
- Tested new strategy of contact follow-up with prospective clients, which led to doubling the probability to set an appointment with a non-initial contact lead.
- Chosen to mentor and train two new account executives, due to patience and a methodology of step by step sales progression combined with an attention to detail.
- Worked with the implementation department on new online training tools and strategies for Fisher Investments, resulting in beginning a conversion to networked training materials and ensuring similar materials available to all locations.
- Collaborated with team leaders to plan and prepare team development sessions, working to disseminate information and teach new skills to team members.
Home Depot - Pro Account Sales Associate - Commercial Sales June 2005 – May 2007
- Promoted from millworks specialist by request of department head for pro accounts after 6 months in the millworks department.
- Developed more efficient methods for computing materials for fencing jobs, by building an interactive tool in Excel to calculate materials and produce materials lists. Reducing time to one tenth of the previous quoting time and decreased errors.
- Created a searchable database of local contractors to contact for new clients. This also led to targeted selling for specific products. This resulted in approximately a 100% increase in the amount of targeted products sold.
- Brought 35 new contractor businesses into the store, and set up commercial credit through Home Depot, adding approximately $400,000 of commercial credit extended through our store.
- Maintained Sales above $500 per/hour on assigned corporate sales goals of $384 per/hour.
- Taught weekly “Do It Yourself” seminars for customers and coordinated delivery services.
- Assisted store management in accomplishing specific projects for other departments, and re-merchandising products to increase visibility and sales, this resulted in more product on the floor and better inventory turnover of selected products.
Fred Meyer - Photo Electronics, Person in Charge June 2003 – March 2005
- Formatted floor merchandising strategies to improve inventory ratio of floor to stockroom, while developing weekly displays for sale items and administered corporate resets.
Available upon Request